Fear is a good motivator for almost all aspects of life. Actually I speak for myself. I just realized that my biggest motivator in life is fear. I fear that I might fail as a mother constantly.
Dealing with the father of my child is an everyday hassle. This week at some point he reminded me, more like threaten me, with the lack of discipline Emma displays!
 "Mark my words; someday she will grow up and when she does she will be a rebellious one." "Just remember you will be responsible." Even though he had no right to tell me that, because he does not help in raising her what is so ever, he made me think about the possibility that she may become too rebellious.
 I am aware that every person goes through their "rebellious" stage but I will admit I am afraid of reaching that point in her life.
Being a parent is a very difficult job. Children do not have an instruction manual where parents could look through the "DISCIPLINE" section to know if spanking your child is most suitable or if a simple time out will work.
Every-time I attempt to teach Emma right from wrong I tried to make a concious decision to teach her respect, the difference from right or wrong, and that we should never loose sight of the important things in life.
That alone however, does not guarrantee me that I am doing a good job at transmitting the message.
I pray that when she grows up my attempts to properly raise her, will help her make the right decisions.

Comments

Popular Posts