Did I tell you about the time I first enrolled for classes at A&M? I was admitted to the university of my dreams and that is all I could think about. After I had received my paperwork; I was scheduled to attend my new student orientation. I was beyond thrilled.  My little sisters teacher, at that time, a former Aggie was aware of my situation and was so kind to offer to take my mother and I. 
After a brief campus tour, a visit to the student financial aid office we headed to the Student Computing Center, SCC.  

There we were ready to enroll for my classes. Um...what exactly do we now? Do I enroll in the generic 12 credit hours or do you get ballsy and enroll in 15 credit hours. Better yet, do you know what it means to enroll in credit hours? 

I did not. 

I sat in front of my computer with my sisters teacher, at the time, nodding complacently agreeing to whatever she said. It's not like I knew any better. 

Comments

Popular Posts